Natural Carnelian Guru bead that measures 9mm wide by 17mm long.
Three-holed with end cap. Hand-carved 9mm guru bead set made from natural banded Carnelian for use when making your own special mala prayer beads. The holes measure 1mm.
Mala guru bead meaning:
The guru bead is about how the guru teaches his or her students. All of the 108 meditation beads lead back to the guru bead. The student departs from the guru to pursue his or her own meditation, but returns to the guru for the next level of practice.
These natural Carnelian beads vary slightly, but approximately measure 12mm.
Carnelian healing properties:
Carnelian agate is a truly magnificent crystal. Opens up your heart chakra, bolsters your courage, aligns you with your purpose, speaks to you of your passion, harmonizes you with your children, especially your first born, and turns up the joy. Great for heart health. It feels good just holding it and even better wearing it. Carnelian beads allow you to take this powerful life amplifier with you. Also, great for connecting to your kitty cats and the Leo's in your life.
Directions for using your natural Carnelian guru bead:
1) Gather your materials. You'll need a mala necklace strung on cord under 1mm, a thread burner (for nylon cord only), adhesive, collapsible needle, and your guru bead set.
2) Curl the collapsable needle. Do this by pulling the needle between your thumb and finger nail. Repeat until the needle resembles a fishing hook.
3) String the cord through your needle. Then string the needle through the side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom hole.
4) Pull the cord through the bead.
5) With the other end of your cord, repeat Step 3 by stringing it through the opposite side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom.
6) Pull the cord through the bead so that both the tails are even.
7) String on the bottom of the guru bead and slide the 2 parts of the guru bead up to the necklace.
8) Secure the guru bead in place by knotting.
9) Now that the guru bead is strung, finish your necklace. A thread burner can seal the ends of nylon cord, and a dap of adhesive on the knot will keep it strong.