Natural, untreated amethyst hand-carved guru bead set consisting of a three-holed, 10mm bead and 7.3mm end cap with a 1mm hole drilled through the center.
Great for designing your own mala prayer beads.
Directions for using your natural Amethyst guru bead:
1) Gather your materials. You'll need a mala necklace strung on cord under 1mm, a thread burner (for nylon cord only), adhesive, collapsible needle, and your amethyst guru bead set
2) Curl the collapsable needle. Do this by pulling the needle between your thumb and finger nail. Repeat until the needle resembles a fishing hook.
3) String the cord through your needle. Then string the needle through the side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom hole.
4) Pull the cord through the bead.
5) With the other end of your cord, repeat Step 3 by stringing it through the opposite side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom.
6) Pull the cord through the bead so that both the tails are even.
7) String on the bottom of the guru bead and slide the 2 parts of the guru bead up to the necklace.
8) Secure the guru bead in place by knotting.
9) Now that the guru bead is strung, finish your necklace. A thread burner can seal the ends of nylon cord, and a dap of adhesive on the knot will keep it strong.
Amethyst turns into Citrine (golden color) when exposed to heat or light, so keep your amethyst pendant away from your windows to preserve the wonderful purple color.
The gemstone name Amethyst is derived from a Greek prefix, which is to negate something. The prefix is just the letter "A" and so putting the a before another word negates what follows. The rest of the name is from the Greek word methystos, which is about being intoxicated or drunk. So the name Amethyst essential means that to wear this stone will negate or prevent intoxication or drunkenness.
Amethyst stone benefits or Amethyst properties:
Cayce wrote about the metaphysical properties of amethyst. He wrote that deep purple amethyst calms the temper, enhances healing and fortifies one's energy when most needed. Also improves sleep.
Great for issues concerning pituitary, thyroid, thymus, and pancreas. Balances metabolism. Dissolves fatty tissue.
Also recommended for left/right brain hemisphere imbalances, i.e., epilepsy, dyslexia, coordination.
Enhances intuition. Activates heart and third eye chakras, but also helps with sleep. Hold just before retiring.
As implied above, one of the other amethyst healing properties is sobriety.
Product code 14.