11mm Natural Rose Quartz Guru-bead
Three-holed with end cap. Hand-carved 10mm guru bead set made from natural rose quartz for use when making your own special Mala Prayer beads.
Beads vary slightly, but approximately measure 11mm.
1) Gather your materials. You'll need a mala necklace strung on 1mm cord, a thread burner (for nylon cord only), adhesive, collapsible needle, and your guru bead set.
2) Curl the collapsable needle. Do this by pulling the needle between your thumb and finger nail. Repeat until the needle resembles a fishing hook.
3) String the cord through your needle. Then string the needle through the side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom hole.
4) Pull the cord through the bead.
5) With the other end of your cord, repeat Step 3 by stringing it through the opposite side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom.
6) Pull the cord through the bead so that both the tails are even.
7) String on the bottom of the guru bead and slide the 2 parts of the guru bead up to the necklace.
8) Secure the guru bead in place by knotting.
9) Now that the guru bead is strung, finish your necklace. A thread burner can seal the ends of nylon cord, and a dap of adhesive on the knot will keep it strong.
Rose Quartz meaning:
The mineral manganese gives Rose Quartz its beautiful pink color.
Rose Quartz properties:
Although this crystal is most associated with the heart and love, it is slightly more masculine in character, and strengthens conviction of one’s passion, desire, devotion, purpose and connection to life. Also great for issues concerning father, sex and anger.
Place it in your bath or hold in your lap when you meditate.
It is also helpful in alleviating sexually-transmitted disease symptoms.