African Turquoise Guru-bead
Three-holed with end cap. Hand-carved 10mm guru bead set made from African Turquoise for use when making your own special mala prayer beads. The holes measure 1mm wide.
Mala guru bead meaning:
The guru bead is about how the guru teaches his or her students. All of the 108 meditation beads lead back to the guru bead. The student departs from the guru to pursue his or her own meditation, but returns to the guru for the next level of practice.
These African Turquoise beads vary slightly, but approximately measure 10mm.
Natural, untreated African Turquoise hand-carved guru bead set consisting of a three-holed, 10mm bead and 7.3mm end cap with a 1mm hole drilled through the center.
Great for designing your own mala prayer beads.
Directions for using your natural African Turquoise guru bead:
1) Gather your materials. You'll need a mala necklace strung on cord under 1mm, a thread burner (for nylon cord only), adhesive, collapsible needle, and your African Turquoise guru bead set.
2) Curl the collapsable needle. Do this by pulling the needle between your thumb and finger nail. Repeat until the needle resembles a fishing hook.
3) String the cord through your needle. Then string the needle through the side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom hole.
4) Pull the cord through the bead.
5) With the other end of your cord, repeat Step 3 by stringing it through the opposite side hole of the guru bead and down through the bottom.
6) Pull the cord through the bead so that both the tails are even.
7) String on the bottom of the guru bead and slide the 2 parts of the guru bead up to the necklace.
8) Secure the guru bead in place by knotting.
9) Now that the guru bead is strung, finish your necklace. A thread burner can seal the ends of nylon cord, and a dap of adhesive on the knot will keep it strong.